Coins can be used for online video purchases only
FREE Shipping on Orders $100+ More Info
Skill Level: Intermediate
• Lifetime access
• Handouts & firing schedules included
• Watch on any device
• Professionally filmed w/ three camera angles
View Full Bio
The path to this wonderful place has taken some turns, but the destination has always been in clear sight. I started this journey 15-years ago, after a long and successful corporate communications career. My BFA degree fueled a joy for creating, and a passion to help others find their artistic voice. For 12-years I operated a retail store in San Antonio (Wired Designs Studios,) where we sold glass and metalsmithing supplies and taught a ton of classes. For many years it was my devotion and obsession. Even though I loved the business side, I longed for more time to fully develop my own work, and to truly connect with students on a deeper level. So... To quench my thirst, I went back to college to pursue a graduate degree in art (MAE), and as a matter of course, I decided to take a leap and change my life! I ditched the storefront and summoned up the guts to open a studio devoted solely to teaching and growing, a place where we could forge a creative path, together! Its been the best choice I've made in my 30-year career. It's allowed me to grow personally and creatively, and to help my students develop their true potential.
Kiln Size Needed: Any
Note: All fusing supplies needed to complete the projects in this video are listed below this description box on this video page. Tools/Equipment needed for this technique are also listed in the info tab directly to the right of this description tab.
Gail Stouffer’s top 7 “Glass Canvas” techniques deliver a virtual toolbox of essential printmaking methods that every glass worker needs. This collection of skills can be used in glass fusing, casting, stained glass, mosaics, pate de verre, and blown glass too! You’ll find all the necessary tools, supplies, and, materials explained and demonstrated with you, the artists, needs in mind. Whether you prefer a high-tech or low-tech approach to creating, there’s an option suited to your style. Finally, available on video, each chapter, used together or alone, will empower you with the knowledge and confidence you’ll need to have your voice heard through text and imagery in your work. in addition to your video class, students will be allowed exclusive access to the private Facebook Group with Gail & AAE. In this group, Gail has several additional video clips walking you through her process for several pieces of work. Here in this group, you will be able to continue your canvas education with your peers and Gail herself.
Please be prepared with your order number in order to gain entry into the group. You must request to join since it is a private group, we cannot autmatically add you.
Instruction on the following techniques are represented in this video class:
1. Airbrushing w/ Micas & Glassline Paints
2. Screen Printing w/ Enamels. No big bulky screen needed. Gail with show you how to burn your own screens using a simple screen with no frame OR AAE Glass is now selling pre-made screen designs if you do not wish to expose your own! New Product Available September 9th. Read about HERE!
3. Creating Your Own Stencils
4. Photo Resist Imagery (You need a sandblaster for this one technique. If you do not have a sandblaster, you stll have SEVEN other techniques to play with!)
5. Powder Printing - Two different methods will be demostrated.
6. Direct Painting
7. Digital Decals - Get your own printed!
8. Embossing Pens - This is so cool!
9. BONUS CHAPTER CONTENT: For those of you who are interested in preparring photographs and screen printing or powder printing, Gail spends 48 minutes teaching you how to prepare images for screens in Adobe Photoshop. This is invaluable information, especially if you are thinking about custom work for clients.
Private Facebook Group: A private student group has been created on Facebook entitled: “AAE Glass & Gail Stouffer Student Group - The Glass Canvas” You can search the name and request entry or copy and past this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/254786975159036/ Please allow up to 72 hours for your request to be approved. If you are not approved in 72 hours, please e-mail email@example.com with your name or order number.
How to Watch: Add this class to your cart and purchase as you would any other item. Once purchased, your video will be available instantly for lifetime access and may be streamed in your aaeglass.com video library. If there are handouts associated with the video class, they will also be located in your library and ready for download. You may watch the video by full length version or by chapter for easy reference. View full screen by selecting the four-arrow icon at the bottom right of the video frame.You must be logged into your AAE account to purchase and watch your video. There are no refunds on video classes and no exceptions to this policy. Please e-mail customer service prior to purchasing if you have questions. Thank you.
The Glass Canvas w/ Gail Stouffer - Full Version02:06:19
This video can be watched in your library by full version or chapter selection. Handouts and firing schedules can be downloaded and found in your library next to the "watch now" button.
2. Airbrushing on Glass00:10:59
4. Creating a Stencil00:03:39
5. Photo Resist00:11:59
6. Powder Printing00:19:50
8. GS_C8_DIRECT PAINTING1.200:06:59
9. Embossing Pens00:01:22
Buy Your Supplies
- Black Glassline Paint Pen...
- Yellow Glassline Paint Pe...
- Kelly Green Glassline Pai...
- Powder or Airbrush Stenci...
- Super Bronze Mica Powder ...
- Super Sparkle Majestic Go...
- Super Copper Mica Powder ...
- Fuse Master Silk Screen M...
- AAE Big Mouth Paints Whit...
- Fuse Master Airbrush Medi...
- Simple Screen™ Pre-bur...
- Simple Screen™ Pre-bur...
- Simple Screen™ Pre-bur...
Student workUpload your work
Your image has been uploaded successfully. Your image(s) will be reviewed and rotated into the student gallery periodically.Continue