The “G” series are glossy glass colors that are in a powder formula that is mixed with our GM300 Glass Color Medium. By mixing with the medium it will ensure an opaque glossy finish. Mix to a “white glue” or heavy cream consistency for opaque coverage. Two colors can be mixed together to achieve another color.
- The 39 of the colors are lead-free (non-toxic).
- Available in 1 oz. (25grams) jars.
- We have 2 colors in “GT” Series that are not food safe and should not be used on any food surface items.
- They DO NOT have to be capped to have a glossy finish.
- When the colors are thinned they can be brushed, sponged, sprayed/airbrushed, stippled or applied with a airpen, writer bottle or gizmo or used with a stencil. When thinned with GM300 Glass Medium you retain the color. When thinned with water you dilute the color.
- When painting with the colors it is recommended to use a “drop & fill”, “pool and puddle” method with a liner brush and then push and pull into areas.
- Two-color blend of colors are done by butting two colors next to each other and then pulling one color through the other, back and forth.
- Marbleizing can be done by taking 1-3 colors and placing dots of each color in an area until it is filled and then on the top surface creating a figure”8” or “S” with the brush to variegate the colors through each other.
- Keep the colors mixed up as the color tends to settle to the bottom.
- The colors can be used dry. Example; Sifted/Sprinkled over the glass for different techniques.
- Can be silk screened.
- Firing is cone 014-017 or from 1376º to 1550º in a ceramic or a glass kiln, depending on the type of glass you are using. Our glass colors hold their color to a much higher temperature when used on ceramic or porcelain bisque.
- Can be added to Flexi-Glass Medium to create sheets of flexible glass color.
Customers Also Bought
- Be the first to review this product