Pebble, Oriented, and Colour-Filled-Veins Textures
by Bob Leatherbarrow
This technical guide is a follow-up to our popular Introduction to Kilnformed Glass Powders: Basic Crackle Texture, Micro and Backed Wafers (2015). Like the introductory book, it is based on many workshops taught over a number of years. Using the basic crackle technique as a starting point, our new book details the following techniques and topics:
- pebble textures
- colour-filled-veins textures
- tack-fused controlled-orientation textures
- organic controlled-orientation textures
- encased textures
If you are interested in working with kilnformed glass powders and expanding your repertoire of textural techniques made with powders, this is your book!
- 113 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions for the 5 included textures
- 115 quality images to accompany the instructions
- thorough explanations of important details related to working with powders, e.g., how variations in the basic crackle technique can control textural outcomes, using powder to enhance design, using chemical reactions to create fine lines
- firing schedules and the logic behind their development (in both °Celsius and °Fahrenheit)
- guidelines for finishing and slumping projects into gallery quality pieces
- a gallery of finished artwork, with accompanying stories, to illustrate a range of applications for the techniques described in this book
BEFORE PURCHASING THE BOOK, PLEASE NOTE:
- Knowing how to make the basic crackle texture described in Introduction to Kilnformed Glass Powders (Book 1) is essential for learning the techniques in Intermediate Kilnformed Glass Powders (Book 2). There is no review of basic crackle in Book 2.
**IMPORTANT! You must be logged in to the website before purchasing this e-book! Once this e-book is purchased, you may access the e-book in your account dashboard. Go to "My Dashboard." There is a link on the left hand side that says "My PDFs." Your e-book purchases will be listed in that category once that link is selected.
*THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON E-BOOKS, DVD'S, OR ONLINE CLASSES*
Your image has been uploaded successfully. Your image(s) will be reviewed and rotated into the student gallery periodically.Continue
LOVE! review by Kristin Quarton on 9/29/2018
I am thrilled with these books, all of them! Bob does not hold back, he teaches in detail and you will be able to duplicate if you follow his directions.
Excellent Book review by Dana on 2/26/2017
I have purchased all of Bob Leatherbarrow's books and couldn't be more please with them. He is an excellent teacher and he has done a beautiful job on his books. You will NOT be disappointed! Enjoy!