FREE Shipping on Orders $200+ More Info
Skill Level: Intermediate
View Full Bio
Bob Leatherbarrow established Leatherbarrow Glass Studio in 1988 and has created original kilnformed glass ever since. Known for his innovative styles, techniques, and designs, Bob has taken an experimental approach to developing unique textures and colour palettes using glass powders. His glass bowls and sculptures explore the subtle hues and delicate beauty of naturally occurring textures and encourage the viewer to ponder their origin. In 2008 Bob moved to Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, where he continues to make glass art and write e-books on his signature techniques. Bob has also been a popular instructor on both the national and international kilnformed glass scenes and has recently shared many of his techniques through the comprehensive AAE video class program.
Basic Crackle Texture, Micro and Backed Wafers
by Bob Leatherbarrow
This technical guide, based on workshops taught over the past decade, provides the foundation for creating:
- crackle texture
- two versions of powder wafers (micro and backed wafers)
If you are interested in working with texture and design components using kilnformed glass powder, this is the book for you!
- 87 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions for creating crackle texture, and micro and backed wafers
- 78 quality images to illustrate the step-by-step instructions
- detailed explanations of important but subtle details, e.g., how the water/powder ratio affects crackle texture quality, how powder layer thickness affects crackle texture size, and how powder layering sequence affects the crackle texture colour
- firing schedules and the logic behind their development (in both °Celsius and °Fahrenheit)
- guidelines for finishing and slumping projects into gallery quality pieces
- a gallery of finished artwork, with accompanying stories, to illustrate a range of applications for the techniques described in this book
**IMPORTANT! You must be logged in to the website before purchasing this e-book! Once this e-book is purchased, you may access the e-book in your account dashboard. Go to "My Dashboard." There is a link on the left hand side that says "My PDFs." Your e-book purchases will be listed in that category once that link is selected.
*THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON E-BOOKS, DVD'S, OR ONLINE CLASSES*
Student workUpload your work
Your image has been uploaded successfully. Your image(s) will be reviewed and rotated into the student gallery periodically.Continue