Basic Crackle Texture, Micro and Backed Wafers
by Bob Leatherbarrow
This technical guide, based on workshops taught over the past decade, provides the foundation for creating:
- crackle texture
- two versions of powder wafers (micro and backed wafers)
If you are interested in working with texture and design components using kilnformed glass powder, this is the book for you!
- 87 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions for creating crackle texture, and micro and backed wafers
- 78 quality images to illustrate the step-by-step instructions
- detailed explanations of important but subtle details, e.g., how the water/powder ratio affects crackle texture quality, how powder layer thickness affects crackle texture size, and how powder layering sequence affects the crackle texture colour
- firing schedules and the logic behind their development (in both °Celsius and °Fahrenheit)
- guidelines for finishing and slumping projects into gallery quality pieces
- a gallery of finished artwork, with accompanying stories, to illustrate a range of applications for the techniques described in this book
**IMPORTANT! You must be logged in to the website before purchasing this e-book! Once this e-book is purchased, you may access the e-book in your account dashboard. Go to "My Dashboard." There is a link on the left hand side that says "My PDFs." Your e-book purchases will be listed in that category once that link is selected.
*THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON E-BOOKS, DVD'S, OR ONLINE CLASSES*
Your image has been uploaded successfully. Your image(s) will be reviewed and rotated into the student gallery periodically.Continue