Basic Crackle Texture, Micro and Backed Wafers
by Bob Leatherbarrow
This technical guide, based on workshops taught over the past decade, provides the foundation for creating:
- crackle texture
- two versions of powder wafers (micro and backed wafers)
If you are interested in working with texture and design components using kilnformed glass powder, this is the book for you!
- 87 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions for creating crackle texture, and micro and backed wafers
- 78 quality images to illustrate the step-by-step instructions
- detailed explanations of important but subtle details, e.g., how the water/powder ratio affects crackle texture quality, how powder layer thickness affects crackle texture size, and how powder layering sequence affects the crackle texture colour
- firing schedules and the logic behind their development (in both °Celsius and °Fahrenheit)
- guidelines for finishing and slumping projects into gallery quality pieces
- a gallery of finished artwork, with accompanying stories, to illustrate a range of applications for the techniques described in this book
**IMPORTANT! You must be logged in to the website before purchasing this e-book! Once this e-book is purchased, you may access the e-book in your account dashboard. Go to "My Dashboard." There is a link on the left hand side that says "My PDFs." Your e-book purchases will be listed in that category once that link is selected.
*THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON E-BOOKS, DVD'S, OR ONLINE CLASSES*
You won't be disappointed! review by Kim Smock on 9/29/2018
This book is the foundation on the how to's of the crackle texture. It tells you in plain language how to achieve this effect, gives supply items, color selection tips, firing schedules, and much more. Sure, it takes some trial and error to get it right, but when you do - wow! I'm so appreciative of Mr. Leatherbarrow sharing this technique in ebook form. I've purchased all three books, and often refer back to this one. If you've ever thought about incorporating crackle texture in your work, this is the book to buy. You won't be disappointed!
Awesome beginning to a wonderful technique review by Rosalind on 9/26/2018
This book is an awesome beginning to learning a technique to enhance your repertoire of skills. He explains why and how things happen. I have purchased them all and put them into a spiral bound book so I can easily reference them.
Intermediate Step 1 review by Cheryl Litwin on 9/19/2018
If you're looking for a way to ramp up your creativity, consider this realm. Love the basic scientific aspect of glass properties presented in this book. Very detailed, even has specific product references to enhance outcome reproduction. Downloaded it in hard copy, spiral bound it for reference & to make needed notes. Leatherbarrow's book is a wonderful glass art gumbo of methods, recipes and ideas! Thankyou for a wonderful valuable resource tool!
Excellent review by Caren on 9/19/2018
Love the book, so much detail....any one can learn from you
Very Informative review by Sherri C on 7/11/2017
Bob answers the hows? whys? whens? whats? and so much more! Thank you for turning me on to these.
Great book review by Dana on 2/26/2017
I have purchased all of Bob Leatherbarrow's books and couldn't be more please with them. He is an excellent teacher and he has done a beautiful job on his books. You will NOT be disappointed! Enjoy!