Eight Projects Featuring the Basic Crackle Technique
by Bob Leatherbarrow
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE PURCHASING THIS E-BOOK:
- Kilnformed Glass Powders: Workbook 1 is a companion to BOB'S popular e-pub Introduction to Kilnformed Glass Powders and commonly refers back to the introductory book for the fundamentals of creating the basic crackle technique. You will need to have the introductory book to work through the projects in the new workbook. The foundation information in the introductory book is not repeated in this workbook.
We are pleased to announce the publication of Bob's latest e-pub which describes detailed step-by-step instructions for eight projects featuring the “basic crackle technique.” When creating these projects, you will learn how to:
- Plan and execute project design (8 projects)
- Blend powder to create a unique colour palette (4 projects)
- Selectively place crackle texture (4 projects)
- Control the size of the texture (4 projects)
- Use chemical reactions creatively (4 projects)
- Use coloured sheet glass to change the character of a piece (4 projects)
- Edit crackle textures and use multiple firings as strategies for helping to ensure success(4 projects)
- Use inexpensive coldworking techniques instead of sandblasting (3 projects)
In addition, 10 helpful tips are included. They cover several general interest topics such as:
- mould setup
- the “low and slow” approach to slumping
- testing for chemical reactions
- strategies for reducing or eliminating bubbles; and
- how to create “basic powder wafers”
The projects have been planned to require the fewest supplies possible. A simple colour palette of powders applies to multiple projects, and the projects are all of similar in size. This optimizes the use of sheet glass, powders, and moulds.
- 140 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions for the 8 included projects
- 133 quality images to accompany the instructions
- 2 appendices with detailed supply lists, both for individual projects and for all 8 projects combined
- published December 2016
**IMPORTANT! You must be logged in to the website before purchasing this e-book! Once this e-book is purchased, you may access the e-book in your account dashboard. Go to "My Dashboard." There is a link on the left hand side that says "My PDFs." Your e-book purchases will be listed in that category once that link is selected.
*THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON E-BOOKS, DVD'S, OR ONLINE CLASSES*
Buy Bob's Books review by Dana on 2/26/2017
I have purchased all of Bob Leatherbarrow's books and couldn't be more please with them. He is an excellent teacher and he has done a beautiful job on his books. You will NOT be disappointed! Enjoy!