Eight Projects Featuring the Basic Crackle Technique
by Bob Leatherbarrow
IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE PURCHASING THIS E-BOOK:
- Kilnformed Glass Powders: Workbook 1 is a companion to BOB'S popular e-pub Introduction to Kilnformed Glass Powders and commonly refers back to the introductory book for the fundamentals of creating the basic crackle technique. You will need to have the introductory book to work through the projects in the new workbook. The foundation information in the introductory book is not repeated in this workbook.
We are pleased to announce the publication of Bob's latest e-pub which describes detailed step-by-step instructions for eight projects featuring the “basic crackle technique.” When creating these projects, you will learn how to:
- Plan and execute project design (8 projects)
- Blend powder to create a unique colour palette (4 projects)
- Selectively place crackle texture (4 projects)
- Control the size of the texture (4 projects)
- Use chemical reactions creatively (4 projects)
- Use coloured sheet glass to change the character of a piece (4 projects)
- Edit crackle textures and use multiple firings as strategies for helping to ensure success(4 projects)
- Use inexpensive coldworking techniques instead of sandblasting (3 projects)
In addition, 10 helpful tips are included. They cover several general interest topics such as:
- mould setup
- the “low and slow” approach to slumping
- testing for chemical reactions
- strategies for reducing or eliminating bubbles; and
- how to create “basic powder wafers”
The projects have been planned to require the fewest supplies possible. A simple colour palette of powders applies to multiple projects, and the projects are all of similar in size. This optimizes the use of sheet glass, powders, and moulds.
- 140 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions for the 8 included projects
- 133 quality images to accompany the instructions
- 2 appendices with detailed supply lists, both for individual projects and for all 8 projects combined
- published December 2016
**IMPORTANT! You must be logged in to the website before purchasing this e-book! Once this e-book is purchased, you may access the e-book in your account dashboard. Go to "My Dashboard." There is a link on the left hand side that says "My PDFs." Your e-book purchases will be listed in that category once that link is selected.
*THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ON E-BOOKS, DVD'S, OR ONLINE CLASSES*
Your image has been uploaded successfully. Your image(s) will be reviewed and rotated into the student gallery periodically.Continue
Amazing detailed explanation of this technique. review by Ann Kleckner on 10/9/2018
I have always wondered how this technique is done, so I finally bought the e-book. I am impressed and thankful for all the research and trials that Bob Leatherbarrow has done and for his willingness to share it with the rest of us Fusers, I'm sure I would have given up. His use of a scientific trial and error approach and careful notes is what allows him to provide fusers with the detail needed to succeed. There were times when I wished this was a video instead of a book, but he does describe the technique in great detail with good illustrations so I'm sure I will have at least moderate success right from my first project.. I'm looking forward to my first attempt.
An Intermediate Required Reading review by Cheryl Litwin on 9/19/2018
Wow! This book is filled with incredible ideas and tips to get started in a fun new realm of warm glass creations. Hats off to Leatherbarrow for his inspiration and creativity! Ditto his willingness to share with those of us wanting to learn more. I'm terrible at downloading something and trying to reference it later. Consequently, copy it and have it spiralbound to highlight for margin comments going forward. Love his boundless creativity and his scientific explanations giving logic to the prinicples. Thankyou AAEglass for providing this online opportunity!
Fantastic review by Caren on 9/19/2018
So full of thinks to make, so much detail. A must have to complete the set
Buy Bob's Books review by Dana on 2/26/2017
I have purchased all of Bob Leatherbarrow's books and couldn't be more please with them. He is an excellent teacher and he has done a beautiful job on his books. You will NOT be disappointed! Enjoy!