Time: 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Skill Level: Intermediate - Advanced (Must have basic fusing knowledge & experience and also be able to cut glass without assistance.)
Sign up online or call 239-471-7724 to place a 50% deposit. PLEASE NOTE: Online orders are the best way to guarantee your spot! If you call during NON-BUSINESS hours to place a deposit, we cannot guarantee your place in line. Online orders are still rolling in and are accepted when we are not open. Please call during customer service hours if want to register over the phone. 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST Mon-Fri.
Layering imagery allows us to create visual richness and depth. Each layer applied can create a fabric-like background that allows additional focal images to float in the foreground. There are a number of different techniques and products that can be utilized to create these layers, each one delivers a unique quality that can enhance or detract from the artist’s vision for the work. In this workshop, we’ll concentrate on the 7 most important image-making techniques to utilize on the glass canvas. Students will work with glass enamels, glass paints, glass powders, micas, stencil cutters and frisket, and specialty films. We’ll use photo manipulation software (Photoshop of Photoshop Elements), and more. We’ll thoroughly cover and utilize the following print making techniques:
1) SCREEN PRINTING; making your own EZscreens
2) AIRBRUSHING; different tools and which work for each application
3) PHOTO RESIST; different films and why each works
4) POWDER PRINTING; easy short cuts to great images
5) CUSTOM DECALS; color decals, tints, and sources
6) DIRECT PAINTING; how, why, and when to do it
7) MASKING AND STENCILING; making your own custom stencils. Students will create 6 sample tiles as well as 2 complete works highlighting their own personal history, focusing on childhood and love. Each piece will consist of patterns, colors, and textures, overlaid with images of persons, places, and things. After some experimentation, we will use all of these techniques, to apply imagery on (2) 10”x 10” panels, which we will then mount for hanging. Students will need to bring pictures of their life experiences including their exteriors of their home, report cards, copies of birth certificates, photos of themselves, family member photo’s, etc. and any ephemera that will help them tell their story.
Please Review Our Cancellation Policy: In the unlikely event that AAE cancels the class you will receive a full refund. A 100% refund will be given if you cancel your class 30 days BEFORE the class is scheduled to take place. If you cancel your class within 30 days of the class, a refund will be given only if your spot can be replaced. There are no exceptions to this policy. If you have an emergency and are unable to attend last minute, please call us and we will work with you to resolve the matter.
Airport: Fly into RSW - Florida Southwest International Airport (35 minutes from studio.)
Best Western Ft. Myers Waterfront (3.7 mi. from AAE)
13021 N Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33903
Holiday Inn Express (7.7 mi. from AAE)
1538 Cape Coral Parkway E
Cape Coral, FL 33904