Guest Instructor: Patty Gray April 20 - 23, 2017 4 Day Workshop
Skill Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Number of Students: 10
All Materials & Lunch Included *Please bring your lunch if you have dietary restrictions (diabetic, gluten free, vegetarian etc.) Please review our Class Policy page before registering. You may register and make full payment on the site. If you wish to place a 50% deposit instead, please call 239-471-7724 to register.
As always, our classes fill QUICKLY! Please do not delay in registration. If class is full, place your name on our waiting list!
IF you have not had the "Patty Gray Experience" now is the time. Work renowned instructor Patty Gray is coming to AAE Glass to share her infamous fusing techniques, tips & tricks with you! Patty's classes are one of the most sought after in the world and she is known for her wealth of information and generousity with her techniques. Patty has not been to AAE since 2012 and she is coming back with a fusing fury!
THIS CLASS WILL FILL QUICKY! DO NOT DELAY!!!!
Advanced Fusing: In this fast paced course students will build upon their design and composition skills as they work toward the completion of their final pieces. Teamwork and group dynamics will be a large part of the class and students will collaborate on the production of decorative elements. The class will cover structured and loose pattern bars, and frit cast objects for inclusion into the final project. Many options for surface decoration will be covered, including frit painting.
Some projects/techniques in the class:
- Making a glass box and learn how to fill it with glass, etc. Learn to use frit/powders in deep work – learn effects from different sizes of frit (working thick). Working with the glass box – think about back splashes, tables, etc.
- Make different pattern bar styles (loose, patterned, stacked, murrini maker, cylinder, etc.)
- Circles and concentric circle cutting
- Ceramic fiber molds –to use for frit molds and for bas relief. Explain safety issues regarding ceramic fiber
- Glass frits – learn about different sizes and effects from frit (samples)
- Use sifters and the different tools, discuss volume control (use of Klyr-fire, hair spray to stabilize frit/powders)
- Learn glass interactions and glass movement
- Use glass paints and enamels
- Use leaf and foils for surface embellishments (include wire, screen, etc.) Use of the gold pen in pieces, use mica as a release
- Create frit cast piece using frit/powders, metal foil, leaf, wire, stringers, confetti, etc.
- Create frit/powder wafer/cookies (samples)
- Individual combings
|Is Eduction Center Product||No|
|Thumbnail Video Url||No|
- Be the first to review this product