Projects Made: 3 + bonus project
Watch by chapter selection so you can pick and choose which project you want to create and review. If you are a seller, this video tutorial will change your world! Tanya has done it again and created fused glass oil lamps that can be created in most kilns with ZERO cold-working required. Not even a grinder. There are three full length projects including a stand up vase, which includes the technique to create powder flower petals, in such a unique way, and two glass oil lamps from start to finish. Please review the extensive class handouts and firing schedules that are included with this video class. They are very important to review.
Tanya will teach you to create beautiful powder sheets that can be used a floral petals in any glass project. How to create a bendable, stand up vase without cold-working while outlining your flowers to create a stained glass look. She also provides tried and true firing schedules that have taken several firings to perfect. Now, on to the oil lamps, 8" circular oil lamps are made (you can easily make square or rectangle forms) with the best circle cutter on the planet. You will be shocked at how easy it is to cut circles with this tool! Each oil lamp is made in minutes and the pocket created for the oil reservoir is the perfect size. Tanya will reveal her source in the handout where she gets the perfect wick and tubing that fits exactly inside the pocket...and they cost about .75 cents each! Months of trial and error went into this...this really is the perfect class as it is affordable and accessible to all glass fusers of all levels. You will get a return on your investment of this video with just one oil lamp sale. Get your supplies now because this is going to be epic.
How to Watch:
Add this class to your cart and purchase as you would any other item. Once purchased, your video will be available instantly for lifetime access and may be streamed in your aaeglass.com video library. If there are handouts associated with the video class, they will also be located in your library and ready for download. You may watch the video by full length version or by chapter for easy reference. View full screen by selecting the four-arrow icon at the bottom right of the video frame.
You must be logged into your AAE account to purchase and watch your video. There are no refunds on video classes and no exceptions to this policy.
Please e-mail customer service prior to purchasing if you have questions. Thank you.
The Art of the Pocket Vase - Full Version02:17:20
This video can be watched in your library by full version or chapter selection. Handouts and firing schedules can be downloaded and found in your library next to the "watch now" button.
1. Tools & Safety00:03:02
2. Intro to Powder Petal Vase00:03:13
3. Creating the Powder Sheet00:13:31
4. Creating the Pocket00:05:29
5. Constructing the Vase00:16:36
6. Bonus: Collage Plate00:05:20
7. Outline the Flowers00:09:53
8. Slumping & Finishing00:03:50
9. Intro to Love Letter Oil Lamp00:12:52
10. Printing the First Layer00:09:32
11. Printing the Second Layer00:03:26
12. Adding Background Color00:13:26
13. Cutting a Perfect Circle00:10:25
14. The Fish Oil Lamp00:20:19
15. Lighting the Lamps00:04:44
Buy Your Supplies
Bullseye Glass Needed
- Fiber Paper 1/8"
- Simple Screen™ Pre-bur...
- Simple Screen™ Pre-bur...
- 8" Round Black Metal Iron...
- 12" Square or Rectangle B...
- 8" Square or Rectangle Bl...
- EZ Fire Turquoise Enamel ...
- EZ Fire Dark Blue Enamel ...
- EZ Fire Opaque White Enam...
- EZ Fire Black Enamel by F...
- EZ Fire Dark Red Enamel b...
- EZ Fire Light Blue Enamel...
- EZ Fire Royal Blue Enamel...
- EZ Fire Citrus Enamel by ...
Your image has been uploaded successfully. Your image(s) will be reviewed and rotated into the student gallery periodically.Continue
- Be the first to review this product