Coins can be used for online video purchases only
FREE Shipping on Orders $200+ More Info
Skill Level: Intermediate
• Does not expire
• Handouts & firing schedules included
• Watch on any device
• Professionally filmed w/ three camera angles
View Full Bio
I am a native Texan who has lived on both the East and West Coasts. My love of working with glass began in 1983 and has followed me throughout my life. My strong connection to nature is rooted in my passion for hiking and exploring the outdoors. My work is a reflection of the awe and wonder I feel at nature's ability to create the rare and exotic. I have worked for and been mentored by a number of glass artists around the country and for that I am thankful. I am now a full time studio artist living in Austin, Texas.
Kiln Size Needed: 16" x 16" however projects are adaptable to any kiln size
Equipment/Machinery Needed: Grinder
Projects Made: 1
Join Glenda Kronke once again as she takes you on a Surfin' Safari Adventure! Glenda has had two huge hits with her Nature's Wonders video classes and now she's back teaching you glass fusing skills that can be adapted in so many ways... in any size kiln. Glenda is easy to follow with her carefree style of teaching. She encourages you to explore and go your own way while adapting your own style of art glass. The fundamentals of this video can be utilized in an abundance of ways in all your glass work. Topics covered are:
- Creating pattern bars using Bullseye powders
- Creating a custom dam mold that can be made in any size or shape
- Creating a custom pattern and shape that will catapult your glasswork and make your art uniquely you
- Reconstruction with pattern bar inserts into your glass work
- Finishing techniques
- Slumping the piece
- All firing schedules included and can be found in "My PDFs" in your account
PLEASE NOTE: This is an Intermediate level class. A tile saw and sandblaster is used in this class. If you do not have a sandblaster, diamond hand pads may be used for clean up of the piece.
How to Watch:
How to Watch: Add this class to your cart and purchase as you would any other item. Once purchased, your video will be available instantly for lifetime access and may be streamed in your aaeglass.com video library. If there are handouts associated with the video class, they will also be located in your library and ready for download. You may watch the video by full length version or by chapter for easy reference. View full screen by selecting the four-arrow icon at the bottom right of the video frame.
You must be logged into your AAE account to purchase and watch your video. There are no refunds on video classes and no exceptions to this policy. Please e-mail customer service prior to purchasing if you have questions. Thank you.
Surfin' Safari Adventure w/ Glenda Kronke - Full Version01:01:27
This video can be watched in your library by full version or chapter selection. Handouts and firing schedules can be downloaded and found in your library next to the "watch now" button.
2. Creating the Pattern Bar00:20:55
3. Pattern Bar Clean Up00:02:31
4. Slicing Up the Pattern Bar00:04:50
6. Creating the Custom Mold Dam00:03:53
7. Construction the Piece00:08:54
8. Cutting the Glass Using Your Pattern00:10:20
9. Slumping the Piece00:05:29
10. Finishing the Piece00:03:01
Buy Your Supplies
Bullseye Glass Needed
- Red Opalescent Bullseye F...
- Neo Lavender Opalescent B...
- Orange Opalescent Bullsey...
- Marigold Yellow Opalescen...
- Pea Pod Opalescent Bullse...
- Dark Forest Green Opalesc...
- Powder Blue Opalescent B...
- Egyptian Blue Opalescent ...
- Light Cyan Opalescent Bul...
- Bullseye Red Opalescent D...
- Bullseye Light Cyan Opale...
Tools & Equipment
Student workUpload your work
Your image has been uploaded successfully. Your image(s) will be reviewed and rotated into the student gallery periodically.Continue